As a photographer, building your brand and creating an authentic space to present your work online is one of the most important steps you can take. Whether you’re starting a business, or simply want to display your work for the world to see, having a website is key to getting your brand out there.
But it often takes a lot of time, money, and effort to build and maintain a website. That’s why we created 500px Portfolios. A simple, modern, and efficient way to build your website and your brand while giving your photography the spotlight it deserves. With zero technical experience or expert knowledge required, you can have a professional website up and running in just a few steps (and minutes).
What is a 500px Portfolio?
Portfolio is a website builder designed and built just for photographers. Whether you’re an existing 500px member or new to the platform, you can have a custom website up and running in minutes (we’re not just saying that, it literally takes minutes). Portfolios allows you to share your work externally, without any 500px branding so you can build your own brand and market yourself as a photographer.
Features and benefits
Let’s get into it! Here are all the features and benefits you get with Portfolios:
- Simple to setup and manage. Set your Portfolio up in minutes and easily make updates anytime. 500px Portfolios makes it easy for you to focus on your art and spend less time building and updating your website.
- Photography first templates. Choose from templates that are minimal, sleek, and modern designed specifically to highlight your photography. And no need to commit to one theme, you can change themes at any time with just a click of a button.
- Mobile friendly. No extra setup or checking multiple views required, Portfolios are mobile friendly out of the box.
- Works in dark mode. Portfolios are designed to look great in either light or dark mode on both web and mobile.
- 500px.com integration. Already on 500px? Portfolios is fully integrated with 500px.com so you can easily set up a Portfolio with existing photos and information stored in your 500px Profile.
- Cost efficient. Portfolios are included in the cost of a Pro membership. So you can build your website and get access to other membership features such as Resources and Statistics at no extra cost.
- No coding required. Your website can be set up in minutes and does not require any coding (ever) for setup or customizations.
- Custom domain. Already have a domain? Simply connect it to your Portfolio to level up your brand. Don’t have a domain? Easily purchase a custom domain through Hover and it will automatically connect to your Portfolio.
- Get insights. Sync with Google Analytics to get important data and insights.
- Copyright protection. Right-click actions are disabled on all photos displayed in a Portfolio to ensure copyright protection of your work.
Is a 500px Portfolio right for me?
Whether this is your first website or you’re looking for something that is easier and more cost efficient to maintain, Portfolios were designed to meet your needs as a photographer. A 500px Portfolio is perfect for you if:
- You’re just getting started and want a risk-free way to test the waters without commiting to a website that takes a long time to set up, is hard to maintain, and is expensive
- You’re looking for an alternative to or an extension of your social media platforms where you can have more control over how your content is displayed
- You’re looking for a website to send to potential clients – the contact form allows people to easily get in touch with you
- You’re looking for a website solely to showcase your photography
What makes Portfolios different from other website builders?
Sure, we know there are lots of options out there. But here is why we think Portfolios is the best option for photographers:
- Simplicity. Portfolios are extremely easy to set up and can be done in minutes
- Ease of maintenance so you can make updates and changes to your website with minimal effort
- Zero coding… ever. While other sites say that you can do it without coding… we don’t even have the option!
- No intimidating maze of unnecessary configuration options that other major website builders have
- Designed specifically for photographers to use as their Portfolio website and to grow their brand
- Mobile and tablet support built-in, addressing the fastest-growing user bases
Photos are front and center… always
- You get a website and you join a community where you can share you work with millions of passionate photographers from all over the world
How do I create a Portfolio?
Create your 500px Portfolio in minutes…
Already a Pro member:
You can get started right away. Go to Portfolios on your Profile drop-down menu and follow the steps outlined below.
Free, Awesome, and just getting started:
Before committing to a Pro membership, you can test out Portfolios by building your website and seeing a preview of it. Like what you see? All you have to do is upgrade to a Pro membership to publish your Portfolio.
The post NEW: 500px Portfolios. Build a professional photography website in minutes appeared first on 500px.
Introducing 500px Portfolios. A simple, modern, and efficient way to build your website and your brand while giving your photography the spotlight it deserves.
The post NEW: 500px Portfolios. Build a professional photography website in minutes appeared first on 500px.Read More500px Blog, 500px News, Headline, Marketing & Design, News, Photography Business, Photography for Business, 500px news, 500px portfolio, 500px Portfolios, 500px product launch, 500px Website Builder, Photography Websites, portfolios500px