- The impact of COVID-19 is enormous, revenue declined in all segments, then in deficit.
- Imaging Products: Revenue down ¥42.2B. Profit down ¥11.6B.
- Digital camera sales volumes dropped substantially due to restrictions on movement, suspension of distributors, etc.
- In the Imaging Products Business, operating losses are prospected to be inevitable in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2021, as demand has been significantly declining due to market shrinkage and the impact of COVID-19. While the whole industry is in a period of change, further measures are required, such as accelerating restructuring and moving measures forward, aiming early achievement of profitability. (source: Nikon)
Here is the forecast for the Imaging Products Business:
Additional breakdown of the data by ZoetMB
- Revenue ¥25.1 billion
- Earnings –¥8.1 billion
- Margin –32.%
Full Fiscal Year Forecast:
- Revenue ¥130 billion
- Earnings –¥40 billion
- Margin –30.8%
Units Q1 / Actual Share* / Nikon’s Estimate of Share / Nikon’s Share Last Fiscal**:
- ILC: 140,000 / 16.7% / 16.7% / 20.5%
- Compacts: 50,000 / 8.4% / 8.6% / 13.6%
- Lenses: 220,000 / 15.7% / 16.3% / 19.8%
- ILC: 800,000 / 1,620,000 (-50.62%)
- Compacts: 250,000 / 840,000 (-70.24%)
- Lenses: 1,300,000 / 2,650,000 (-50.94%)
*Actual Share: A calculation of Nikon’s units in the quarter divided by CIPA unit shipments in the same time period (4/1/20-6/30/20).
**Nikon’s Share Last Fiscal: A calculation of Nikon’s units for the fiscal year divided by CIPA unit shipments in the same time period (4/1/19-3/31/20).
The Q1 recap from Nasdaq:
- Net loss attributable to owners of the parent was 13.59 billion Japanese yen
- Loss per share was 37.03 yen
- Operating loss for the period was 20.54 billion yen
- Revenue for the quarter fell 54.7 percent to 64.72 billion yen
- For the fiscal year ending March 31, 2021, Nikon forecast net loss of 50 billion yen, operating loss of 75 billion yen, and net sales of 420 billion yen.
Other companies Q1 financial reports:
- Olympus Imaging Division: revenue is down 40%
- Canon Imaging Division: sales: -30.8%, profit: -93.8%
- Sony camera sales: more than 50% down
The Nikon Q1 financial results are out and as you can expect they are not good: The impact of COVID-19 is enormous, revenue declined in all segments, then in deficit. Imaging Products: Revenue down ¥42.2B. Profit down ¥11.6B. Digital camera sales volumes dropped substantially due to restrictions on movement, suspension of distributors, etc. In the Imaging Products
The post Nikon Q1 financial results are out appeared first on Nikon Rumors.
Nikon’s financial results for the last fiscal year are out
Nikon’s 1st quarter FY2020 financial results are out
Nikon announced financial results for the first quarter of 2016 fiscal yearRead MoreOther Nikon stuff, Nikon financial resultsNikon Rumors