After the latest Nikon Z5 and Nikkor Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 announcements, here is an updated list on what to expect next from Nikon (see previous recaps here):
- A new Nikon Z30 camera: an entry-level APS-C model that will be positioned under the current Nikon Z50.
- New Nikon Z6s and Nikon Z7s mirrorless cameras.
- Nikon Z8/NikonZ9 (it could just be one camera, not sure if the name will be Z8 or Z9): rumored to have a new 60MP sensor that will be able to shoot full-resolution images at 14fps (mechanical shutter) with AE/AF. If this is true, it poses the question: is this model going to be the Nikon D6 equivalent in Z-mount? I think Nikon still believes that the performance of the D6 cannot be replicated in a mirrorless camera, but I could be wrong.
- The Nikon D850 replacement will have similar features and specifications as the upcoming Z8 (the D850 replacement vs. the Z8 will be like the D780 was relative to the Z6). The high-end mirrorless Z camera will be announced before the Nikon D850 replacement. The Nikon D850 replacement is not expected in 2020, but maybe in 2021.
Nikon plans to have 24 different Z-mount lenses by the end of 2021 (see latest roadmap). The next upcoming Z lenses are:
- Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.2 S lens: a massive, solid lens with a lot of glass elements inside – similar in size to the Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S. The 50mm f/1.2 lens may also have the Noct nomenclature (Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.2 S Noct lens).
- Nikkor Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S lens: smaller and lighter than the F-mount version, 105mm filter thread.
- The new Nikkor Z 24-105mm f/2.8-4 S and Nikkor Z 100-400mm f/4-5.6 VR S lenses could still be released at the end of 2020.
- The 200-600mm and 105mm macro Z lenses are coming in 2021.
- The D500, D5, D850 DSLR cameras will get firmware updates for CFexpress memory cards, just like the Z6 and Z7. No idea why this is delayed. It would be a good idea for Nikon to come up with a statement soon.
After the latest Nikon Z5 and Nikkor Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 announcements, here is an updated list on what to expect next from Nikon (see previous recaps here): Cameras A new Nikon Z30 camera: an entry-level APS-C model that will be positioned under the current Nikon Z50. New Nikon Z6s and Nikon Z7s mirrorless cameras. Nikon
The post What to expect next from Nikon appeared first on Nikon Rumors.
Recap: what to expect next from Nikon?
What to expect next from Nikon
What to expect next from Nikon?Read MoreOther Nikon stuff, what to expectNikon Rumors